Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stamp-A-Faire projects


It was a long day, but lots of fun yesterday!!  I didn't complete every challenge, but I did manage five of are the pictures:

This first one is from the Mixing Mists to Match Challenge.  I had a Royal Velvet ink refill in my Top Chef kit, so that is what I used to make the mist.  I followed Dawn's recipe, just water and ink!  I love the soft effect it gives to my background...I also used the mist sprayed on white seam binding and dyed the ribbon to match.  I used a bit of tea dye ink to age the ribbon and the lace underneath. 

This next card is the Sprinkle of Salt Challenge.  I watercolored the background, then sprinkled sea salt on it to give it a mottled look. (This was my hubby's favorite) I also used the limited edition stamp set, Reason to Smile...I love this set!

This is the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge.  I used a "gallon" of neutral, a "quart" of canyon clay, and a "pint" of aqua mist.

This is the Whipping Up Scent-sational Cards Challenge...I used coffee grounds as my much fun!! Can't wait to make more of this type of card!

This last card was the Limited Ingredients Challenge...exactly what it says! We were limited to these colors, the 1" strip of gray, and a round punch.  I chose to fussy cut the stamped shape (Mat Stack 3) so I technically stayed within the guidelines!  (Thanks, Dawn!!)  Since I couldn't use patterned paper, I used the flower centers stamp to make a "sprinkled" background, and I used a flower stamp to make the "buttons" (that was tough!!)

So that is all I could manage yesterday...believe me, it was so much more fun and informative to watch and read ALL of the videos and tutorials...I learned so much, and had to step outside of my comfort zone (a lot!)

Have a great week,

No comments:

Post a Comment